Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Zootopia in Communication Arts

Life Needs Art is one year old!

Once again I am honored to have had one of my pieces selected for inclusion in the latest edition of the Communication Arts Illustration annual. It's nice to have the recognition and exposure this competition provides. The painting was done for Utah's Hogle Zoo which is only about fifteen minutes from my door here in Salt Lake City. I don't often do high profile work locally, so it was fun to have this and the other two paintings in the series plastered all over town. I also enjoyed gathering my reference material from the actual zoo residents.

10 comments:

Isabelle said...

One word to describe your work: Amazing! :)

INDIGENE said...

Beautiful work! Wow!

ruth said...

Wow! This is gorgeous.

Coreopsis said...

Fabulous!

(And now I'm wondering if you illustrated any of the books I read to my kids--so I'm going to go look at your website now).

Anonymous said...

Double congratulations.
A lovely illustration.

Ray Ferguson said...

this is fantastic!

Tammy said...

Love this!

Unknown said...

Thanks all- don't forget to enter the blog birthday giveaway!
http://gregnewbold.blogspot.com/2011/05/life-needs-art-1st-birthday-party.html

MrBibleHead said...

Wow!!!!!!!

COBOL said...

excellent illustration, wonderful style for the subject