Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rooster Revisited

Rooster- 8" x 10" - acrylic on bristol paper

Many years ago as I was just starting my freelance career, I had a client who frequently gave me black and white work to do. They were sort of a monthly local interest magazine without a big budget for either art or printing. It was fun working for them and I had a lot of flexibility because they didn't have a ton of money. I think I was paid $200 per spot, but it was work and I was glad to have it. I was digging around in the studio for a different painting when I stumbled upon this one. I have always wanted to see what it would look like done in color, so now that I have rediscovered it, I may just do that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Golly!
You're one of those guys that was "Good To Go" right out of the box!
Your early stuff shows why you've had such a successful career.
Keep up the great stuff!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks Ron- It has been fun and I feel like I did have a good kick start from school. Most of us have been drawing since we can remember. Sometimes the early stuff looked good beacuse I didn't know enough to screw it up by second guessing myself.