Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lighthouse

Lighthouse - 12" x 16" mixed media/acrylic

The studio is an unholy mess right now. As is my habit, I have let stuff pile up beyond reason and it's time to do a serious sort and purge...right after I get this job off the table. Isn't that how it always goes? I admire people who seem to be able to run a tidy ship but it always makes me wonder what they let go of  in order to maintain the immaculate facade. Maybe they are just better at hiding the chaos. My studio always seems to degenerate to the point where I become that ship trying to navigate the pea soup fog to find port without making a mangled mess of myself on the rocks. Well, my ineptitude won't keep me from making another stab at organization. Now if I could just find a professional organizer that would take a painting in trade for helping get my place in order...where was that painting again? I know I have it here somewhere...

No comments: