Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Signing at 2010 Boy Scout Jamboree

July 2010 Boys' Life cover with my painting

As I mentioned in a previous post, I went to the Centennial Boy Scout Jamboree to sign posters this past weekend. I did the cover for the special Jamboree issue of Boys' Life Magazine which they turned into a great poster that we gave out at the Boys' Life tent at the Jamboree site in Fort A.P Hill, Virginia. I had a great time despite a few mishaps including the fact that my small digital camera didn't want to work with the new SD chip I had in it, resulting in no pictures. My two boys were at Jamboree with their troop, so I have a few pictures on that camera which will be home when they return. until then, I am relying on those who took pictures of the event.

Me posing with Nahan Dolan at the Boys' Life tent

One of these pictures is of me with Nathan Dolan, a scout from California. We both shared a piece of the July issue of Boys' life. I of course had the cover article illustrations and a photo of Nathan was on page ten illustrating a blurb about the BSA 100th anniversary celebration in Sacramento, CA.

Nathan Dolan in his Great Grandfather's 1922 Eagle Scout garb

He got to dress in his Great Grandfather's 1922  Eagle Scout uniform for the parade through the state's capitol. Thanks for the photo Nathan and Tom! I hope others will send me enough additional photos to do a couple more posts.

4 comments:

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

I saw that magazine at the dentist office yesterday and saw that you had illustrated the cover. Looks like a fun event!

Unknown said...

I had a great time. I'll do a couple more posts later about some of my "adventures" a couple of which are pretty funny. stay tuned.

Unknown said...

How fun! It looks fabulous! Did they choose the subject or did you?

Unknown said...

The story was a fictionalized account of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner told from the perspective of Francis Scott Key's young apprentice. I did two interior scenes as well.