Monday, September 6, 2010

Swiss Days

This historic building in downtown Midway 
shows it's Swiss influence

On Friday I had a book signing at the annual Swiss Days celebration held in Midway, UT. The Festival began in the 1940's as a Harvest Days to celebrate fall and the bounties of the land. It later switched emphasis to a celebration of many of the immigrant's Swiss roots and became Swiss Days.


Detail of the Swiss clock that opens to 
pop out characters on the hour

Me signing my picture books at my friend Michelle Tanney's tent.

The two day festival features all sorts of performing arts, art, craft and food booths as well as a parade. This is the third consecutive year I have been invited to sign my books there at a friend's "Book Shoppe". I always enjoy getting out and talking with people and seeing how they respond to my work.

No comments: