Thursday, October 7, 2010

Finally Finished


It's been a long time getting here, but I finally uploaded the Friend cover tonight, so I promise this is the last post on this particular project. just thought it would be interesting to show the final product. I spent way too long trying to do the type treatment in Illustrator- obviously the learning curve was way too steep for a one day result, so I abandoned that idea and did it in Photoshop. It took a lot of warping and adjusting to get it to fit the space, but I like the result.


I had quite a bit of  fun adding the texture to the surface and making it look more organic. I am actually really pleased with the results and think I may be looking at future projects done digitally ( Nooo! don't go over to the Dark Side!). My biggest hangup with digital has always been that too often it looks digital. I still have a long way to go, but with this result, I finally think I can pull of an all digital execution and have it look close to my painting style, so that is a plus. Hey everyone, what do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, great job!
The type looks terrific!

Unknown said...

I bailed on Illustrator for the type- but I finessed Photoshop and got it to work just fine for me. Still need to climb the Illustrator hill, just not this time.