Monday, November 8, 2010

Seeing it Printed


Seeing your work printed is part of the fun of doing illustration. Although I don't always get to see what something prints like, it's fun when the client sends a copy of the final product. I have had the pleasure of doing several covers for the works of Diana Wynne Jones. She writes wonderfully entertaining young adult fantasy stories in the vein of Harry Potter (though a great many of her books preceded the J.K. Rowling phenomenon). These books have been released in many incarnations and under several imprints both in Jones' native England as well as here in America.I created a whole series of covers for the Chrestomanci series as well as a few of her other books. I always ask for copies of the covers I create, though not all publishers oblige. I was glad to receive this one.

No comments: