Saturday, February 12, 2011

Forget The Sweater

On the Monkey Bars- 11" x 17" digital

Weather here has been downright balmy this week with temps in the high 40's (Fahrenheit). A welcome change from the single digits of a week ago. I actually wandered around outside today in just a t-shirt. I just finished this illustration for The Friend magazine done in Photoshop. It is a wraparound cover with a twist. The issue is a special double sided edition. the front half of the magazine will be the regular set of stories and articles but flip it over (like a double sided comic book) and the back half will be full of puzzles and games. It was fun to make the back half echo the front but with slightly different characters. The white bar along the far side is to allow for the bar code and address (non-negotiable unfortunately). I asked Brad Teare the designer to email me back a mock up of my picture with all the masthead and bubbles pasted in. I then inserted it into the illustration to get the "endless magazine" effect, which was sort of fun to do.

6 comments:

Vilt og vakkert said...

Heisann!
Gorgeous... lovely piece of illustration.
Happy Valentine form me ;:OD)

joynevada.com said...

This is lovely! I can't wait for summer!

Anonymous said...

Nice illustration with funny twist.
My daughter will like it a lot!

Anonymous said...

beautiful illustration!

Kerrie said...

fantastic illustration

elizabeth said...

Okay, this is a really cool illustration. A great idea executed beautifully.