Monday, February 7, 2011

Picture Book Marathon Update

Cuttlefish For Rent- picture book concept

Last week I mentioned that I was going to join in on the Picture Book Marathon and write 26 picture book manuscripts by the end of the month.. We are now a week in and I am still pretty much on pace with six stories under the belt and several ideas to work on next.. I took it to heart that we artists were to WRITE the stories, so I have been concentrating on that and have not come up with any visuals for my stories before today (I do have other work to get done you know). I took a little time today to do a cover mock up for one of my favorites from the week called Cuttlefish For Rent. I have always thought cuttlefish were fascinating creatures and sort of cute as well. The hero of my story -Chuck- loses his job as the "open" sign at a local restaurant and decides to rent out his services until he finds a job he likes. In the end, he saves the day with his camouflage and other skills. Some of the other artists in the race are posting their covers as well. Check out the great work being done by Jed Henry, Nathan Hale, and Julie Olson.

2 comments:

Will Strong said...

That title is certainly unique. I don't think I've ever heard that phrase before. I love it.

Momo said...

What a delight to read about the marathon. Press on!