Friday, April 8, 2011

Bottled Up


Detail from the Tropical Juice line label

A few years back I did a series of fruit juice labels for Mountain Sun Natural Juices. I created four different background paintings as well as about twenty different flavor spots that were inserts into the logo.Here are a few of the labels as they were printed. Packaging tastes changes about as fast as the tides, so these labels have long since disappeared, but I thought they turned out beautifully.


They were also nice enough to send along a case of assorted flavors of juice with my labels on them. I still have a bottle of the cherry cider (which was probably one of the tastiest) on my studio bookcase. It's far past it's "best if used by" date, but I can't bring myself to crack the top and dump it just yet. I guess if the cap explodes someday, then the decision will be made for me.

7 comments:

MrBibleHead said...

Great labels Greg! Makes me want to run off to an island somewhere...or have a bottle of fruit juice. :o)

Joan Y said...

Gosh! The labels are beautiful! I'd buy the juice just for the labels! ;)

Linda Hensley said...

Nice series :)

Shirley said...

Wow, you are fabulously talented! Great labels!

Coreopsis said...

Excellent! They look fabulous. (I hope they paid you lots of money, besides sending the bottles--and then did you drink the juices?)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone- Coreopsis, I did get paid nicely and enjoyed drinking the juice. All but that one bottle mentioned which is now too scary to drink...

michele said...

Just escaped from last week's "bottled" topic, but I'm sincerely taken with this series of labels! I'd love to jump into the detail of the tropical scene! Just gorgeous! :o)