Monday, April 25, 2011

Christmas Gifts Rough Sketch

concept sketch- Pencil/digital 5.5" x 3.5"

I'm starting on another project for Boys' Life Magazine. This one is a feature fiction story about a young man arriving for Christmas at the home of his Aunt and Uncle in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Rather than being greeted with open arms, he finds neither of them in the cabin and must search the surrounding homestead in a blinding snowstorm to rescue them both. This is for the December issue and I am enjoying the rather extended lead time that I have been given. This should be a fun one- hopefully my concept will be approved and I can proceed with this sketch. If so, the next  step will be gathering effective costume and props and then shooting photos for reference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Greg.
That's great! Your concepts look great. I went to Boy's Life and looked through their archives. You caught the same valor as depicted in a few covers from the first decade of the magazine. Great job!

Anthony McDonald
Cedar Park, TX

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting Anthony! I'd love to visit the Boy's Life archives sometime.