Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Art of Salsa


A couple of weeks ago, I harvested our lovely tomatoes as well as many of the different peppers we grew in our garden this summer. I spent the morning peeling, slicing and dicing until I had 21 tasty pints of homemade salsa.

My 21 pints of yumminess- somebody get the chips!

I think salsa making is an art form unto itself and I think I pretty much have it down thanks to a recipe I got from my brother and sister in law. In addition to my normal mix of Anaheim and Jalapeno peppers, this year the kick to my batch was augmented by a single tiny red Serrano pepper. I added such a nice flavor element and just the right amount of heat.

3 comments:

Rob Colvin said...

Looks awesome1 I'll have to drop by and steal a pint.

Unknown said...

There will still be some for a while!

Amy said...

Thanks for all the chopping, especially that mountain of onions! This is the best salsa :)