Friday, October 21, 2011

Fueling the Fire

Fueling the Fire- 11.5" x 12" acrylic/mixed media by Greg Newbold

Sometimes the only way to keep the wolves at bay is to fuel the fire. Make sure your creative fire is always stoked with new and interesting projects. I have found over the years that I have to take time to do work that is just for myself or just for fun. The breakthroughs and discoveries I make during these explorations are what keeps me excited to do those inevitable jobs that are less than thrilling, but that pay. By injecting aspects of my explorations into my paying work, I have been able to keep my creative fires burning. If you don't have anything exciting going on in your paying work, come up with a personal project that excites you and get to work. The benefits are enormous and far reaching.

1 comment:

Patti said...

beautifully painted.