Friday, October 28, 2011

Have a Scary Halloween!

Clown-Fish; 5" x 5" acrylic on paper, by Greg Newbold

Here's another one of my goofy fish that I finished just yesterday. It seemed appropriate for Halloween. This one is a little creepier than usual, but still pretty funny. It's getting shipped off to a fundraiser for the Westmont Museum of Fine Art in Santa Barbara, California. Everyone was given a 5" x 5" piece of BFK paper to do anything they wanted on. My friend Scott Anderson teaches art there and when I saw his contribution, I was a little embarrassed by my previous effort. It was a fun drawing, but not typical of my painted work. I asked for another shot and this is what came out of it. I did it as a demo for my Illustration 1 class at BYU. I have seen a few on the pieces for this show posted online and I think a few people are going to end up getting some little gems. I'm tempted to bid myself.

8 comments:

zillustration said...

Clown Fish = WOOOT!
"Down here, EVERYBODY FLOATS!"

Will Strong said...

That is horribly terrifying.

I love it.

Cindy D. said...

That is awesome! Love your style. Krusty meets Killer Klowns from Outer Space meets Finding Nemo. Great illustration.

Sandy Sue said...

OGodOGod! It combines my worst fears--clowns and bitty things under the water!!!

Unknown said...

I know! Clowns give me the creeps. And who hasn't thought of getting eaten by something while swimming in that murky water...

John Shelley said...

That is very funny! Somehow despite the fearsome face I find it hard to be scared though! great characterization beautifully painted.

Sandra said...

I do like your colourful illustration of the fish…his expression is real mean!

caela said...

wow this is truly scary :) i love it