Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Painting Kolob Canyon


Last Thursday night I presented at Southern Utah University which was a lot of fun. I go tot meet back up with friends and fellow artists Ben Sowards and Ron Spears who both teach there.

Kolob Morning - 8" x 10" Oil, by Greg Newbold


On Friday we went out plein air painting with a group of students. My aunt Carol also came and painted with us which was a lot of fun. Here are a few shots from the morning painting. I spent just under two hours on my study.

My painting- top; center by Ben Sowards; bottom by Ron Spears

See my second painting of the day here

3 comments:

Denise said...

Love it! How great to paint with Aunt Carol too. . .

Will Strong said...

That is beautiful work (by all of you.) I'm a bit jealous of your awesome painting trip.

Brad Teare said...

Great paintings and difficult to pull off, too! That red rock has a lot of color in it.