Friday, November 25, 2011

Feeling Round?


One of my favorite things about the day after Thanksgiving is... not shopping. Actually I like to eat a nice turkey sandwich while catching some football on TV. Not that I need anything to make me feel round after the delicious feast yesterday, but who can resist all those tasty leftovers? The Illustration Friday theme for today is "round". That combined with the football game on TV reminded me of an illustration I did right out of college for a local magazine. It was about the gourmet nature of certain tailgate parties. Given how long this took to paint, I am pretty sure I got paid about $8 an hour for this thing. But I was glad to get anything printed way back then. This was done in 1992, about a year and a half before I dove headfirst into a full time freelance career. At the time, I was looking for a way out of my desk job illustrating educational software on a computer that resembled something out of the Flintstones. 

No comments: