Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Aunt Mame's Sheep - Finished

Aunt Mame's Sheep - Oil; 18.75" x 11' by Greg Newbold
Just finished up this painting for a private commission. the buyers are my Aunt and Uncle and the place and subject mean a lot to me. I spent countless afternoons after school taking care of these animals on my Aunt Mame's property. This scene portrays the upper end of the property in the part of the pasture we called "the grove" since we had annual family Easter weekend barbecues up under the shade of the trees. It's always a fun thing to depict something that is so close to my heart and I admit I will miss this one when I deliver it to them later this week. My wife says I will now need to do another version of this subject for our house. Fine with me.
See the progression of this painting here

No comments: