Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Boys' Life Commemorative Print Finished

In the Shadow of the Tooth- 24" x 30" Oil by Greg Newbold
I Just finished up this painting and submitted it for final approval to Boys' Life Magazine. If you have been following my blog, you know have worked with Boys' Life for many years, but this one is a little bit special.  I am really excited for this project since it is the first time that the magazine will produce a fine art commemorative print using one of my paintings. We are still working out the details, but based on previous conversations, there is a particular group of dedicated scouters that will be the recipients of this print. I posted some of the conceptual sketches previously on the blog here, so I thought you might want to see how it turned out. It is a little intimidating to think that this painting might one day hang alongside all the beautiful scouting pictures that Norman Rockwell painted, but I am honored nonetheless.

4 comments:

zillustration said...

Beautiful work! Congratulations on the project, Greg!

Unknown said...

Thanks Paul! Hope you are doing well also.

suziqt said...

Very nicely done Greg.

Unknown said...

Thanks Suzy!