Tuesday, June 18, 2013

3 x 3rd Time's the Charm for Grasshopper Hunter


I was informed last week that my Boys' Life illustration "Grasshopper Hunter" received an Award of Merit from this year's 3x3 Illustration Annual. This marks the first time one of my pieces has been accepted into three of the major juried illustration annuals after it got into both The Society of Illustrators and Spectrum annuals this year. I only missed on Communication Arts or it would have been a grand slam for the annual shows I entered. Needless to say, I am pretty pleased. The annual will be published for the first time in hardback and I am looking forward to seeing it reproduced alongside the work of so many other talented artists. Congratulations to all those artists whose work was accepted, especially to several of my classmates from the University of Hartford: James O'Brien; Jim Cohen, Scott Anderson, Q. Cassetti, David Brinley and Scott Bakal as well as former student Houston Trueblood. Hope I didn't overlook anyone.

6 comments:

benreschke said...

That is awesome, congrats. Houston married my wife Laura's cousin.

Unknown said...

Small world isn't it? Houston is a good dude and quite talented too.

Mardi Speth said...

Congratulations, Greg! What a tremendous accomplishment. This piece is a real jewel ... truly outstanding. I love the all the detail and the palette.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mardi! Feels good to get a little industry validation, not gonna lie. Hope you are doing well!

Kerry Meyer said...

Hi Greg,
Just discovered your blog. I love your post about David Grove! I love your work!!! Congratulations on the 3X3 magazine acceptance!!! Really wonderful work! Best Regards, -Kerry Meyer

Unknown said...

Thanks Kerry! Glad you like it and I hope you will visit often.