Thursday, August 22, 2013

Secret of Grady House- Finished

Digital over graphite - 11" x 17" by Greg Newbold
Here is the final painting for the Secret of Grady House fiction I am doing for Boys' Life Magazine. Who knows what they will find hidden inside this creepy old house?  I posted the sketch earlier here. I had a lot of fun with the characters and also the fun little details like the splintered steps and the cobwebs.
Detail at full resolution
Here's a little detail of the main face. Of all my digital paintings, I think the rendering on these faces most closely approach my traditional painting style.

3 comments:

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

The skewed perspective really works on this, Greg. Great illustration.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kim! It was fun to tweak it a little. The original sketch was pretty straight forward, but I felt like it needed more. I am glad I warped things.

Cindy D. said...

Beautiful work on the facial features and those hands! Really cool and I like the warp too. :D