Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Delicate Arch

Winter-Delicate Arch; 11" x 14" Oil by Greg Newbold

With Christmas coming on, I'm in a bit of a winter mood. I thought I would do a couple of paintings with snow. I also enjoy painting favorite places I have been. With the wealth of natural wonders that exist right in my own back yard here in Utah, it's easy to find possible subjects and also hard to narrow them down. I could paint the rest of my life and never exhaust my well of things to paint. Delicate Arch is probably the most famous natural arch in the world and my favorite of the many formations at Arches National Park. Here is my take on Delicate Arch in Winter. It will be available at Alderwood Fine Art later this week. Enjoy!
Update: I sold this painting to a collector friend online within hours of posting! Thank you internet1

4 comments:

Lark said...

That's an amazing painting! I love it. You should do a whole series of paintings like this one.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lark- I might just do that!

Unknown said...

I agree! One of my favorites so far!

Amy said...

I love Delicate Arch, and I love this painting! So glad it has gone to a good home!